AWF needs outstanding volunteers like you!
The Arkansas Wildlife Federation is a federation of individuals, businesses, organizations, youth and college students – all volunteers, who are committed to natural resource conservation. Volunteers are the backbone of the Federation, without which we would not be able to continue our work. AWF welcomes you to join us! Look over the many opportunities available below. If any of them interest you give us a call or fill out a volunteer application form and return it to us. We’ll put you to work! AWF will provide extensive training and information to all volunteers before you begin your volunteer activities:
- Governor’s Conservation Achievement Awards Banquet Volunteer – AWF works with other volunteers to prepare facilities for the banquet including setup of exhibits, making name cards, table decorations erecting the AWF banner and other activities to assure an outstanding banquet.
- Office Volunteer – AWF is always in need of talented volunteers who have good office skills in typing, assembling membership kits and mailings, computer design work, filing, answering phone calls regarding injured wildlife, etc.
- Legislative Volunteer – The Arkansas Legislature meets every two years for at least 90 days are longer. There are numerous legislative committee meetings to discuss pending legislation. AWF needs legislative volunteers who can attend these meetings and monitor all discussions. The legislative volunteers are essential to AWF in monitoring the many legislative issues that will impact wildlife, wildlife habitat and our natural environment. This activity would be a good experience for someone interested in environmental law as a career. We need many volunteers for this activity.
- National Wildlife Week Volunteer – AWF needs volunteers to help distribute Wildlife Week posters and information. AWF will secure from NWF a variety of materials and posters that must be repackaged and mailed out to schools across Arkansas. It is an extremely important community education program.
- Youth Conservation Club Volunteer – AWF is committed to establishing Youth Conservation Clubs in all middle and high schools throughout Arkansas. We need youth volunteers who can work in their own city or county to assist AWF in establishing the conservation clubs.
- Conservation Activist Volunteer – Help us monitor legislation, public policy and research issues concerning conservation, outdoor sports and the environment.
- Committee Volunteer: Volunteer for one or more of the following committees: Education, Soil and Water Conservation, Forest and Cover Restoration, Membership, Legislative, Ways and Means, Wildlife and Fisheries, National Affairs
Get Involved! Volunteer!
Phone number (501) 224-9200